Friday, June 11, 2010

Promiscuous

This summer I plan on being wildly promiscuous.

-Billy DeVorss

Mind you, being promiscuous is not always a bad thing, especially when it comes to vintage style and fashion. I'm going to play the field, drawing inspiration from true vintage and vintage-inspired sources, mixing old and new for an eclectic flair on a classic style. It is more practical for me to rely on prized vintage pieces to transform my primarily modern wardrobe. For example, I have been in love with the simplistic nautical style of vintage pinups, but have taken a more eclectic approach to the look.

Here are a few of my ideal summer staples:

Classic Red Nail Polish (goes without saying)

High-waisted shorts in navy, red, dark denim or even white if I'm feeling really brave

Navy blue KedsWhat makes a look or a style vintage is not the year in which it was made, but how timelessly it has aged.





No comments: