Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'll make a prediction about Alice in Wonderland

I predict that 'Alice in Wonderland' will be the new overused and abused keyword on etsy and ebay, along with 'Mad Hatter' too.

A quick search on etsy brought up these 'Alice in Wonderland' dresses. Um, o.k. - I think that an Alice dress would require more than just any dress with a full skirt.
One of these dresses was also called 'Rockabilly' - well sure, doesn't Alice in Wonderland and Rockabilly go hand-in-hand, that Alice was a jumpin-jivin Rockabilly gal!


5 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

hehehe...I am guilty as charged. See my Etsy shop listing for a late 40s/early 50s dress which I've dubbed the Alice in Swingland dress. ;)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40696733

Elise said...

WIth you there !!!

Lynn said...

Did it too - I feel vindicated by one (months and months ago), but I admit my recent Mad as Hatter blog idea couldn't go unused...

Anonymous said...

At least your dress is blue like Alice's. The examples used in this post have no resemblance to Alice in Wonderland at all! I can see using it if your item really does resemble an Alice dress or Mad Hatter hat, but some people are really trying to stretch the keyword.

propriatress said...

I shall always be Guilty As Charged of working Alice/Wonderland/Mad/Hatter/Eat Me...etc into my life in all possible ways....