Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Tis the Season"

First things first! I would like to say thank you! to AlleyKat’s for the lovely welcome and introduction to their blog. I am so excited and thrilled to be a part of the creative team. Since we are coming into the holiday season at full force speed. I decided that my first few fashion posts were going to be in relation to, getting us in the mood for dressing; “tis the season!” Since Thanksgiving is the next holiday celebration. I have started my shopping with that in mind.

This is an amazing little outfit I put together, while I was browsing through some of the amazing Vintage stores, that the cyber world has to offer. The color palette of brown and orange just scream, "Thanksgiving" season to me. This is a gorgeous 1940’s era dress. I just love the color, cut and shape of the dress, and the pop of orange detail on the shoulders.

Brown 1940's Mynette DressThis darling little number can be located at http://www.vintageswank.com

The fabulous feathers on this amazing hat are perfect for getting in the Thanksgiving mood, but in a settle, sophisticated, glamorous way, without being over the top!

Feather Hat 1940's
This lovely hat can be found in Vintage Play Clothes' online store
http://www.vintageplayclothes.com/

And the shoes! Well I just can’t say enough about how fabulous those are!

Two toned platforms 1940's

These amazing shoes are up for bid from Vintage Ebay seller Vin. Diesel
Item #120487949367


I can just envision the entire outfit styled and put together on one lovely, lucky lady. A few ideas for accessories are; to wear a lovely brown carved Bakelite bracelet and earring set. Green or butterscotch would also be two lovely pops of color to throw in there, and would be sure to bring the shades of green, that are in the hat right out! If one could find a pair of gloves to match the orange detail on the dress, that would be amazing!

Well there you have it! You are ready to celebrate the Thanksgiving season in the perfect 1940’s glamour girl outfit!

The rest of the month will be a series of fashion features dedicated to this month! As we move right along and get closer to the month of December. I will be sure to get some ideas and outfits ready for the Christmas and New Years Holiday!

Till next time!

XOXO,
~Syd Divine