Saturday, September 12, 2009

Zombie...Zombie....


When Night of The Living Dead played at the drive-in in Napa, I was 14. It was a hot summer night and my friends and I sat outside the car on a blanket with plenty of candy, popcorn and beer!

About halfway thru the movie I wanted back inside the car...it was dark and who knew what the hay was wandering around the black night...

Not only that, but my boyfriend kinda resembled that ^^^ tall blonde guy with the Buddy Holly glasses...

A 1968 film directed by George A. Romero...so ...who knew it was gonna become such a favorite family film...
ha.

Look at her hairdo...so prim and proper..so Tricia Nixon...and her trenchcoat....Boyfriend in his suit jacket and tie...yes very proper and the opposite of the hippies...I think we might forget that the 60s...were much more than hippie/boho/earth mother style...

I know the delightful Mad Men series is sure showing us some wonderful styles from the early 60s...and the mid-sixties continued the simple trends...Mod...tailoring...exquisite cut and fit were the fashion...
Vintage clothes have all that...and so much more than modern clothing that is mass produced....are the top quality fabrics and small tailoring touches you don't see today even in moderate priced clothes....and modern clothing at the low end of the $$ spectrum...well, you know, you're lucky if it holds together after 2 washes!

I was thinking about this again while unfolding this coat this week....





back to zombies for a moment and uh, fabric........
I saw this weird fabric at the fabric store...and I had to possess it...possess it ....like eat its brains...and I made some leggings and I wore my pair of black....



but for more zombie goodness on etsy...just click...




2 comments:

lo said...

zombies are fashion!!!!!!!
love Romero...

lo.

www.lovintrash.blogspot.com

propriatress said...

so right ! for some reason..zombies just seem so appropriate right now...Yes to the undead dead...