Thursday, September 24, 2009

Vintage Fabric Covered Buttons
















For me, nothing evokes nostalgic memories more than homemade vintage clothes. Whether a fancy frock or a pretty little pinafore, it’s often the fabric so carefully selected by the home seamstress that makes these garments so popular. Luckily, many vintage fabrics can still be found and making covered buttons is my way of honoring textile artists from back in the day. Whether a geometric ‘30s design or sweet little birds and flowers from the ‘50s, vintage fabric covered buttons are wonderful embellishments that add a little bit of history to your contemporary garments. The possibilities are endless ... from jewelry to scrapbooking. Pictured are a few of my own favorites. You can check out others in my shop at http://www.vintageinspiration.etsy.com/. I’m a new member of vintageboutique … my name is Julie.

No comments: