Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mystery Vintage Fashion by Leonard Joseph The Forward Look, New York



Linda Wink
Bad Girl Vintage
Retail Store:
52 N York Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
215-870-6249


PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS MYSTERY


The label on this dress is:
Leonard Joseph for the Forward Look Boutique, New York
What I know:
This dress was designed and made in the mid 1960s.
The Forward Look Boutique was in Bonwit Teller's Store
In a VERY round-about way, after searching the web, I did get a hit from someone claiming to be "Joseph, of Leonard Joseph." BUT, I HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING HIM even though he was very happy to see the photos of his dress. So please, if you are out there, my contact info is at the top of this blog....contact me. I can find no other info except examples that were donated to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. One of the dresses was worn and given by Princess Stanislaus Radziwill.

This dress is absolutely dazzling! The fabric is a soft, metallic like canvas that has been hand painted in a Picasso like style. There is a jeweled metallic trim around the hemline and it just slips over the head. So, the mystery here is: WHO IS THE JOSEPH IN LEONARD JOSEP and does anyone have any information on these designers and their fashions? I would so appreciate some history about this dress. I hope you have enjoyed looking at my photos of this dress. As long as I've been collecting and selling vintage, I've never seen anything quite like it. It's fun. It's fabulous. It's funky. It's everything vintage fashion should be! And, oh....it must have a story, a history, a great event it went to. So please...tell me the mystery story about this dress!

No comments: