Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rosemary Clooney & White Christmas

Count me in as a sap for the movie 'White Christmas'. Last year I missed it entirely on tv and was hugely upset! I vowed it would never happen again, so I bought the DVD.

One of my favorite numbers in the movie is surprisingly very non-chrismasssssssyyy..."Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me" brings sexy back (sorry Justin Timberlake) in black & red. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.





Of course it's the dress. The way it fits Rosemary causes her to float down the stage. The cutwork on the neckline is sharp - almost as biting as the lyrics of the song. And when she turns around, there is a large rhinestone brooch on the back of her dress right at the nape of her back - what sizzle!

Oh yes....and surrounded by four gorgeous men never hurts either :-)

Going to watch the movie now...again....it just stays in the DVD player until the new year.

WE ARE STILL OFFERING FREE SHIPPING UNTIL THE NEW YEAR - HURRY IN!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL FROM SOME LIKE IT VINTAGE.COM

1 comment:

Megan said...

Do you have any idea where I might be able to find a pattern for that dress or a similar one? I'm hosting a giant Old Hollywood Halloween fundraiser, and that dress would be the perfect thing to wear!!