Sunday, November 9, 2008

When vintage fits - my dilemma~

I hit a personal jackpot yesterday. I was enjoying a local flea market and found a great leather jacket that no one else had snapped up. A beautiful East West tan suede fitted jacket with the most amazing detailing ever! Two rows of ivory oval beads down either side of the front, intricate, colorful beading in leather laced circles at the front below the shoulders, on the sleeves and at the back, and matching beading at the back collar. I might pop it into my store, but I have one little problem.
IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!

This is my biggest dilemma when shopping for my store. I try something on and, of course, if it fits it's in my collection. My collection is overflowing and I can't possibly wear all my beautiful pieces in even 2 or 3 lifetimes~

I'm down with a nasty cold, but I will add photos of this marvelous jacket soon!

3 comments:

Hoardmeister said...

I feel your pain! When something fits, I can hardly bear to part with it!

thevintagesupplyco said...

This is so funny because I have had this problem many many times, I usually hold onto it for a couple of years and then decide.

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

What's the dilemma? If it fits, it's yours! That's my motto. Wear it, enjoy it - sell it as a later time.