Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Thrill of The Hunt...Now What?

Hi, everybody -

I almost feel like I should apologize for not advertising my wares here, but these days I've been far too busy to list anything. The apartment cleanout is almost done. The deceased was not only a hoarder, she hid her best things way in the backs of closets wrapped in paper bags. When I'm at home, I'm constantly doing hand laundry, but the results are worth it!

This kind of work immerses you in another family's history and traditions. There was a pre-World War One Singer Sewing Machine used as a computer table in the husband's combination ham radio station/office/workshop. Photographs dating back to before the turn of the century, when the family lived in Vienna. Many, many objects pertaining to Jewish traditions and rituals. And one of the coolest vintage bars I've ever seen in the entryway:



A group of college guys bought the bar, of course.

Among the clothes I came across, there was this beautiful mink ski jacket, lined in quilted blue:



This fox-collared jacket:



And so much more! I'm going to take the Labor Day weekend off, float in the ocean, and luxuriate in time spent with my husband and my dog, Bucky.

Best,
Elisa
http://diaryofamadfashionista.blogspot.com

PS If you want my further thoughts on Ebay changes, check out my blog.

No comments: