Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chi-Chi and the Greek...an intro!

Well here we are, our first post! It's been exciting for us to finally open our online store: Chi-Chi and the Greek. My husband/partner, aka The Greek!, have been collecting vintage clothing for over 10 years. We travel the United States, Europe and Asia and are always on the look out for sublime vintage finds. While the "hunt" is ever so exciting I find more pleasure in meeting the people who actually wore the clothes. For me it's the history, the family secrets, the making of a new friend, if only for a few minutes. In fact if you looked at my collection it would make you swoon, so many different eras, finds...but my personal collection would have you laughing! I tend to keep the tattered and torn pieces, they are the finds that bring me closer to the actual history. For me vintage clothing is about perserving the past and celebrating it too! Vintage isn't just a business it's a passion, an addiction for me.
Enough babble, let's see what's cooking at our store!
First a spectacular Diane Freis dress in a cotton fbric that is heavy and substantial. Quite different from her georgette and silk dresses. Tag read only "Diane Freis"


Next a rich and sexy faux Leopard print coat! Gorgeous!


Finally this spectacular Mac Tac for Leonard Sunshine, 100% nylon fabric imported from France



Also we love to do business with other dealers, we offer a nice discount for you, so if anything catches your eye, email me at" chichi@chichiandthegreek.com
Bisou!!!
Chi-Chi

2 comments:

MonsterVintage.com said...

Welcome!!

Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said...

Thank-You!
You are a huge inspiration...I love your stuff, especially the collectible page! Magnificent!