Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vera Neumann

I've been a Vera fan for years, and one of the very first articles I wrote for my website was on her and her beautiful designs.  I was delighted to see a post from her nephew, Fred Salaff, on The Vintage Traveler last week.  I emailed him to see if he could share some Vera insights with me, and he very kindly agreed to do so.

As it turns out, Fred not only is Vera's nephew, he also worked for the Vera Company for a time in the 1970s, and made several documentary films about her work.  So he knows all the ins and outs of the Vera design process and product production.  If you would like to read some great new info about Vera, the article has been updated, and next week, on what would have been her 99th birthday, I'll do a post on the personal side of Vera.

No comments: