Sunday, July 27, 2008

Swingtown!


Most folks think of Merchant/Ivory films
or any movie with Queen in the title......for costume dramas and comedies....whether you like the plot, the acting, the stars...or just peeking in for the clothes.....I'm loving 70s era Swingtown on CBS Thursday nites tho it's rumored to be moving to Fridays.
Why??

The Clothes!! The costumers and set dressers got the era pretty darn right on... from the cars to the video cams to the furniture to the......It looks like a page or 10 right outta Better Homes and Gardens circa 1977.

Check out this set of photos at CBS.com....and of course you can watch the show online.....

Here's a favorite I have on auction right now...... that looks a lot like the green dress Trina is wearing.....this purple one is a Zum Zum....a label you probably know from the OTT 80s party and prom dresses........ (click the pic!)


and another great label -- Young Edwardian designer Sue Wong.....
(click the pic!)


I'm going through a 70s fetish phase right now.....some of those clothes were just so delightful....they got sexy, and practical all together in one big fashion decade!

Lots of 30s and 40s influence came back big time ~~~
These patterns are up for Buy it now or auction.....






Oh,disagree? Well me too.....go here and here....for a big Laugh Riot !

5 comments:

FELICITY [!] said...

hey love,
you have such nice stuff in your store! :D
& i absolutely adore that purple dress!

Hoardmeister said...

Tressie, that Lileks stuff is HYSTERICALLY funny!

Cara Mia said...

I love the 70's! Great stuff!

Waterrose said...

I love watching that show as well...traveling back in time. Pay attention to the cookware, serviceware, dishes...it is just so perfect! I wonder if they have been gathering stuff off of ebay.

That simplicity halter top pattern I made one of those in every color...and of course they look very cool with hot pants and hip huggers!

propriatrix said...

Right ON!! I love the 70s as you can tell! I didn't appreciate them as much when I was actually in Them !! I had fun back then wearing clothes made from sheets, old tablecloths and lots of fringe...I remember the fringe......Cringe cringe cringe! looking at those old Sears catalog pics....cringe cringe cringe....but I am oddly attracted to owls and mushrooms again......