Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter




My daughter does not yet have the same appreciation for vintage as I do. This is understandable as 47 year old moms are not supposed to be on the same fashion wavelength as 15 year old girls. This might be about to change ever so slightly though~

When driving my princess and a couple of her friends home from the mall, my gorgeous vintage red patent leather purse became a topic of discussion. One of the girls commented that she loved my purse. The other one agreed. My daughter rolled her eyes~ Then, they started asking me where I find things like this and I explained it was more of a "hunt" than a "find". They then went back to discussing who was "going with" whom.

When they got out they repeated they liked my purse and if I came across another one, but in blue or green, they'd love to have it.

After we returned home, my daughter asked if she could look through my vintage purse shelves to see if there was something that was "not lame" that she might like to have. How could I say no to a request like that?

Here are a few "not lame" (read: cool, chic, fashionable!) purses I have in my shop~

www.LivingDollVintage.etsy.com



3 comments:

Maggie at MagsRags said...

I have a 17 year old daughter who raids my stock regularly. And she and I co-hosted a house party sale of vintage prom dresses for her friends. Hang in with her, she'll see the light.

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

I was the same way when I was a kid. My parents always collected old stuff and I didn't appreciate it or think it was cool until I was in my late teens too.

Living Doll Vintage said...

Thanks for you comments ladies!

Yes, I remember how it was to be a teen~ I only wish I was as cool then as I am now ;-)