Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hat Experts? Era of this?




OK found this lovelyand I couldn't resist. (and yes my husband has informed me that my love and collecting has taken over the house and it's time to sell a few, or in his opinon - a lot-- of my "treasures" but ------ I like them. and then I wouldn't have them --- so uh. No) It's a green velvet with beautiful tiny lavender flowers. The flocking off the leaves of the hat have been a bit worn, but i'ts beautiful. Would anyone out there have an idea of era of this? I've not seen any similar and love it! It says Gradi of Dallas inside. Green velvet open weave. and tech i think it's suppose to fit flowers in front but i liked the side droop:) Any idea of era would be appreciated, I've begun being able to eye most and peg. Not this one. late 40's?









1 comment:

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

Hi,
That's a really great hat! I've never had one like that either. The wide 'brim' makes me think 1940s. I have a hat book around here somewhere, I'll have to dig it out and see if there is anyhting like this in there.