Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vintage Fashion as Art

Every once in awhile I need to unplug myself from the computer and do something for my creative spirit in order to keep my positive attitude in check. For me, this means taking a trek to my studio and shaking out my creative juices. Lately I've been working on playing with the idea of letting vintage fashion influence what comes out of my brain and fingertips. Hey, I live breathe and work with vintage fashion, so why not start reflecting some of that in my artwork? This started innocently enough with one piece but has managed to work into a series we are now calling Vintage Silhouettes. Here is a sample piece we have recently listed on ETSY under our trade name RetroWear. There are several pieces listed from this series. But it doesn't stop there.



Many of you know we have our own website dedicated to vintage swimwear. So yes, it figures, swimwear has started creeping into our artwork as well. This piece features a vintage photograph of a young girl posing as a diver. I'm still sort of attached to this piece, so we haven't posted it yet for sale, heck we just stated listing our artwork to see how it goes. I just keep it propped up on my desk because it just makes me smile whenever I look at it.










Speaking of swimwear, here's a sneak peek at some of the offerings up for sale now or coming soon to Glamoursurf. We've got the webs best selection of swimwear for all you guys and gals, stop on by to see us soon!







5 comments:

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

Very cool! I need to set aside some time to be crafty and do some sewing this Sumer. I wish we had another altered art book to work on! Those were fun to look forward to each month.

Glamoursurf said...

Oh I sew agree Carol, pun intended! I miss my round robin of altered books!

fuzzylizzie said...

Pam I just love your artwork! I'll have to keep checking on what you have. And I really miss the altered book round robin too. Maybe this fall we can start a new one!

Lizzie

Glamoursurf said...

Aww, thanks Lizzie! I'd love to be part of another round. Keep me in the loop!

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

Me too! Me too!