Friday, June 20, 2008
Show your colors for the 4th of July!
The 4th of July is just 2 weeks away! Every 4th of July, I'm standing on the sidelines, watching and photographing the legendary Strathmere 4th of July Parade . I love it when the parade starts and the fire trucks blow their sirens. I get goosebumps, and I want to jump up and down and cheer. I love the kids with their decorated bicycles and there are also several groups/families with fun themes and costumes. For a little town, we do a great parade.
I try very hard to be dressed in red, white and blue, but sometimes it depends on how hot the weather is and what I remembered to pack! Of course I try to wear vintage too.
Here are some great Vintage Red, White and Blue items to add to your 4th of July outfit!
Here are two super cute tops, fun Sailor Print sleeveless top and anchor tank top -
and a sweet Mod Scooter mini dress -
- Vintage Patriotic Anchors Away Sleeveless Sailor Top 60s - from wendel22
- Red rib knit sailor girl 70's tank BL32 - from Viva Vintage Clothing
- Vintage 60s MOD Belted Mini Scooter Dress S M - from Mags Rags
Very patriotic red, white and blue dresses and a Flag print broom skirt -
And if you are really awesome - a red, white and blue pant set with wide legs and open-back top
- NAUTICAL WRAP 40's Vintage Sundress SAILOR Dress XL XXL - from Jumbelaya
- Vintage 1960s Red, White & Blue Tropical Maxi Dress - from Dandelion Vintage
- WWII Sailor 4th of July Dress Red, White and Blue! - from blue*moon*vintage
- Vintage 70's Chambray Striped Apron Pinafore Sun Dress S M - from ChiChiChambers
- 80s Patriotic Red White Blue USA Flag Broom Skirt 1 Sz - from dexterdoggie
- Vintage 70's Red White Blue July 4th Flare Pants Sleeveless Top Set S B34 36 - from Damn Good Vintage
You don't want to walk in a parade in these shoes, but boy will you look hot standing on the side of the road, watching the parade and waving your flag in either of these shoes!
- RED WHITE BLUE vintage 40s wedge heels shoes 5 5.5 6 - from capricornvintage
- QUALICRAFT CASUALETS RED WHITE BLUE SPIKED SANDALS SHOE - from Liberty Hill Collectibles
You really need a patriotic purse to carry all of your essential stuff in!
And 4th of July is the perfect time to torture your children by making them dress in red, white and blue too! Here's a super sweet Sailor girl dress for your little lady.
- MOD ANCHOR nautical basket purse handbag 4th JULY - from nancyclancy
- Sweet VINTAGE Child's NAVY Sailor Dress 60s - from bad*kitty*vintage
This 1950s novelty print skirt is the ultimate 4th of July statement piece with 'Declaration of Independence' print. And lastly we have a pattern to make your own Patriotic costume for the 4th of July.
- McCall's P932 4th of July Costume Vintage 80s Pattern M - from cemetarian
- Vintage 50s Declaration of Independence Novelty Skirt - from vintage*fashionista
Happy 4th of July!
- SAILOR GIRL + AMERICAN FLAG VINTAGE PATRIOTIC POSTCARD - from Moody Mommy's Marvelous Postcards
Bye for now, Carol