Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Interview with Robert Colman of the Alex Colman Company


Thanks to Sydneysvintageclothing


Thanks to Cemetarian


Thanks to Dandelionvintage


I meet the most interesting people through the VFG Label Resource. A few weeks ago Mr. Robert Colman emailed me to make a few additions to the Label Resource entry for his family's business. If you know vintage clothing, then you know the Alex Colman label. The California company produced some of the best printed clothes ever, in my humble opinion. He has since answered a few questions for me, and you can read the interview at The Vintage Traveler.

And for your own Alex Colman, shop with the above vintage sellers.

3 comments:

Hoardmeister said...

Congratulations, Lizzie!

For other fascinating designer interviews, I recommend the blog www.alwaysplayingdress.blogspot.com, where most recently Vivienne interviewed the daughter of Robert Goldworm. These interviews are a fascinating part of fashion history!

Carol@Dandelion Vintage said...

Great interview Lizzie! Well worth reading.

CEMETARIAN We Dig Memories said...

How cool is that? And such great information. And I love the Colman prints.