Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Love Classic Day Dresses

This evening I was searching ebay for some cute Summer day dresses for myself. I came across several great dresses currently being offered by RickRack Vintage - I bought a suit from her earlier this year that I love. Sadly, the fabulous dresses that she currently has listed are a little too big for me. But I just had to share them here because they are great styles and great sizes - most look to be 40+ inch busts.
Nothing beats a 1950s cotton day dress in the Summer! Here is a peek at a few that she currently has listed, she also has some cute 1950s blouses listed too. Go check them out - RickRack Vintage

Vtg 50's Marilyn Monroe Halter Day Sun Dress NOS
Vtg 50's Fruit Of The Loom Lucy Day Dress NOS - I love Fruit of the Loom Dresses!
Smartly Styled Vtg 50's Red Sun Day Dress NOS
vtg 50's LUCY Day House Dress Pink Green NOS








Bye for now, Carol
http://www.dandelionvintage.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carol - they are great dresses, but no way are they a size Large. The Marilyn dress has a maximum bust size of 38 inches, and a vintage 16 1/2 is about a modern 10/12. I wrote to Rickrack Vintage about her beautiful vintage dresses and suggest she change the titles, since so many buyers don't know vintage sizing. I had a buyer here recently and she was amazed at the difference between vintage and modern sizes. Still, they are beautiful and the presentation is gorgeous.